Measuring your RV’s (recreational vehicle) windows for RV cordless cellular shades is easier than you can imagine. And by following a step-by-step measurement procedure, you can get a perfect fit for your house trailer’s window.
Here’re some quick and convenient DIY tips about how to measure RV cordless cellular shades.
- Use a steel measuring tape for ease of handling and accuracy.
- Take measurements of RV windows for RV cordless honeycomb shades at 3 different places for the width and height (w x h).
- Use the width by height (w x h) format to avoid mixing up recorded or measured values.
- For a seamless fit, measure the RV window frame itself – and not the existing RV cordless cellular shades or blinds.
- Check minimum depth requirements for an inside mount RV cordless honeycomb/cellular shade.
- A steel measuring tape
- A piece of paper
Measuring RV Windows for Inside Mount RV Cordless Cellular Shades
- Measure width at three points (top, middle, and bottom) of the RV window frame.
- Use the smallest value as the actual width of your travel trailer’s window.
- For example, if the width measures 24 inches at the top, 24 inches in the middle, and 23 ¾ inches at the bottom, use 23 ¾ inches value to order RV cordless cellular shades.
- Measure the window height top down on the right, middle, and left.
- Use the largest value as the actual height of your RV’s window frame or casing.
- For example, if the height measures 37 inches on left, 37 inches in the middle, and 37 ¾ inches on the right, use 37 ¾ value for ordering RV cordless cellular blinds.
- Measure the depth of the travel trailer’s window frame from the glass to the front of the opening.
- Check product specifications for minimum depth or mounting surface requirements for inside mount RV cordless cellular window treatments.
- We’ll make inside mount deductions for you to ensure a perfect fit.
- Don’t go for an inside mount if your RV window’s recess does not meet the minimum depth or mounting surface requirements.
Measuring RV Windows for an Outside Mount RV Cordless Cellular Shades
Measurement procedure for an outside mount RV cordless cellular shades is almost the same as for an inside mount. However, following are some important points to be noted.
- Use the largest measurement values for both width and height of your RV’s window frame.
- Add 3 to 4” to both width and height for maximum light coverage, light control, insulation, and curb appeal.
- You don’t need to measure RV window’s depth or recess for an outside mount RV cordless cellular shades.
- No deductions/additions will be made for outside mount RV cordless cellular window coverings.
- Make sure you have enough flat surface on the window molding or wall above your window for the mounting hardware of the product.
- If you have a protruding window sill in your recreational vehicle, do not add to length to the bottom.