Installing cordless woven wood shades on your motorhome’s windows is a convenient and hassle-free process. And it takes just a few minutes for a novice or expert installer.
Read this quick step-by-step DIY guide about how to install cordless woven wood shades on the windows of your RV or travel trailer for a perfect fit. With some extra care, you can give your installation a professional feel and functionality.
- Accurately measure your RV window frame size for cordless woven wood shades with a steel measuring tape.
- Account for inside mounts and outside mounts while taking measurements.
- Measure the depth of the window frame for an inside mount cordless woven wood shade.
- Double check the number of screws, mounting brackets, and other hardware equipment.
Tools You’ll Need
- Drill (hand or electric)
- A steel measuring tape
- A level tool
- Pen/pencil and a piece of paper
Choose Outside or Inside Mount Cordless Woven Wood Shades
You can easily install your cordless woven wood shades inside or outside of your motorhome’s window frame for desired look and functionality.
If you want better insulation, and a cleaner, sleeker, and more aesthetically appealing look, go for an inside mount. But make sure there is enough window frame depth.
For a bigger look and getting better light control, you need to install your cordless woven wood window treatments exterior to your RV window frame.
Outside Mount RV Cordless Woven Wood Shades Installation Instructions
Step 1: Align Mounting Brackets for Cordless Woven Wood Shades
- Use a level tool to align mounting brackets at each end of the headrail or opposite corner above the window casing.
- Use a pen or pencil to mark the position of each mounting bracket.
- Mark the position of a support bracket (if needed) in the center.
Step 2: Drill Pilot and Full-sized Holes
- Mark the location of holes for bracket mounting with the help of a pen.
- Use a hand or electric drill to make pilot holes.
- If the pilot holes are in the exact locations, drill full-sized holes.
Step 3: Fix Brackets with Screws
- Use screws and a screwdriver to fix the mounting brackets into place.
- Make sure all the brackets (end box and support brackets) are firm in their place.
Step 4: Slide Headrails into the Brackets
- Install your outside mount cordless woven wood shades by snapping the headrail into the brackets.
- Close the end box brackets to secure the headrail in place.
Step 5: Test Operation of Your Outside Mount Cordless Woven Wood Shades for an RV
- Raise, lower, rotate, or adjust the slats of your cordless woven wood shades for your RV or motorhome to test if each part is working perfectly.
- Pull down the lift cord (if there is one) to unlock it and slowly release it to let the RV window treatments get lowered to the desired level.
- Raise your window treatments by pulling the lift cord down.
- Lock the cord mechanism when the slats or fabric vanes are adjusted at the desired position.
- In the case of top down bottom up cordless woven wood shades, use your hands to push or pull them from the top and bottom.
Step 6: Install Valance, If Needed
If needed, install valance to conceal the installation hardware. A valance will also add to the decorative appeal of your RV cordless woven wood shades.
- Fix a valance clip at each of the opposite ends of the headrail.
- Evenly attach the remaining clips to the front of your RV blind’s headrail.
- Properly snap together the two parts of a valance clip.
Inside Mount RV Cordless Woven Wood Shades Installation Instructions
Installation procedures for inside and outside mount cordless woven wood shades and blinds are almost similar. However, here are some additional tasks that you need to perform while fixing a window treatment to the inside of your travel trailer’s window frame.
- Check if your RV or travel trailer window frame meets the depth requirements of a particular type of blind or shade for an inside mount.
- Use the smallest of the three measurements (top, middle, and bottom) for the width of the window.
- If you are going to install top down bottom up shades, test their operation both at the top and bottom.
For further assistance regarding how to install cordless woven wood shades, you can use 24/7 Live Chat option to reach out to the Rvblinds.com Customer Care Department. We’ll be pleased to help you out in every possible way. Alternatively, you can hire the services of a professional installer.