Measuring your RV’s (recreational vehicle) windows for motorized sheer shades is as easy as anything. And, if you follow a step-by-step measurement procedure, you can ensure a perfect fit and get better functionality.
Here’re some quick and convenient DIY tips about how to measure motorized sheer shades for RV or travel trailer windows.
- Use a steel measuring tape for ease of handling and accuracy.
- Take measurements of your motorhome windows for motorized sheer shades at 3 different places for the width and height (w x h).
- Use the width by height (w x h) format to avoid mixing up recorded or measured values.
- For a seamless fit, measure the RV window frame itself – and not the existing motorized sheer shades and blinds for RV windows.
- Check minimum depth requirements for an inside mount automatic sheer window treatment.
- A steel measuring tape
- A piece of paper
Measuring RV Windows for Inside Mount Motorized Sheer Shades
- Measure width at three points (top, middle, and bottom) of the RV window frame.
- Use the smallest value as the actual width of your travel trailer’s window.
- For example, if the width measures 24 inches at the top, 24 inches in the middle, and 23 ¾ inches at the bottom, use 23 ¾ inches value to order motorized sheer shades and blinds.
- Measure the window height top down on the right, middle, and left.
- Use the largest value as the actual height of your RV’s window frame or casing.
- For example, if the height measures 37 inches on left, 37 inches in the middle, and 37 ¾ inches on the right, use 37 ¾ value for ordering motorized sheer window coverings for house trailers.
- Measure the depth of the travel trailer’s window frame from the glass to the front of the opening.
- Check product specifications for minimum depth or mounting surface requirements for an inside mount motorized sheer window treatment.
- We’ll make inside mount deductions for you to ensure a perfect fit.
- Don’t go for an inside mount if your RV window’s recess does not meet the minimum depth or mounting surface requirements.
Measuring RV Windows for Outside Mount Motorized Sheer Shades
The measurement procedure for an outside mount motorized sheer blind for RV windows is almost the same as for an inside mount. However, the following are some important things to be taken care of.
- Use the largest measurement values for both the width and height of your RV’s window frame.
- Add 3 to 4” to both width and height for maximum light coverage, light control, insulation, and curb appeal.
- You don’t need to measure RV window’s depth or recess for outside mount motorized remote control sheer shades.
- No deductions/additions will be made for outside mount motorized sheer motorhome window blinds.
- Make sure you have enough flat surface on the window molding or wall above your window for the mounting hardware of the product.
- If you have a protruding window sill in your recreational vehicle, do not add to length to the bottom.
For Further Assistance
- Use 24/7 Live Chat option, available at Rvblinds.com, to seek free guidance about measuring motorized sheer shades for house trailer from experts.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.