Measuring your RV’s (recreational vehicle) window frames for cellular pleated shades is easier than it is claimed. You only need to follow a step-by-step measurement procedure to ensure a perfect fit and get improved functionalities.
Here’re some quick and convenient DIY (do-it-yourself) tips about how to measure cellular pleated shades for motorhome windows.
- Use a steel measuring tape for ease of handling and accuracy.
- Take measurements of RV windows for cellular pleated shades at 3 different places for the width and height (w x h).
- Use the width by height (w x h) format to avoid mixing up recorded or measured values.
- For a seamless fit, measure the RV window frame itself – and not the existing cellular pleated shades and blinds for RV windows.
- Check minimum depth requirements for an inside mount honeycomb pleated window treatment without lift cords.
- A steel measuring tape
- A piece of paper
Measuring RV Windows for Inside Mount Cellular Pleated Shades
- Measure width at three points (top, middle, and bottom) of the RV window frame.
- Use the smallest value as the actual width of your travel trailer’s window.
- For example, if the width measures 24 inches at the top, 24 inches in the middle, and 23 ¾ inches at the bottom, use 23 ¾ inches value to order honeycomb pleated shades and blinds.
- Measure the window height top down on the right, middle, and left.
- Use the largest value as the actual height of your RV’s window frame or casing.
- For example, if the height measures 37 inches on left, 37 inches in the middle, and 37 ¾ inches on the right, use 37 ¾ value for ordering cellular pleated shades or blinds.
- Measure the depth of the travel trailer’s window frame from the glass to the front of the opening.
- Check product specifications for minimum depth or mounting surface requirements for an inside mount motorized cellular pleated window treatment.
- We’ll make inside mount deductions for you to ensure a perfect fit.
- Don’t go for an inside mount if your RV window’s recess does not meet the minimum depth or mounting surface requirements.
Measuring RV Windows for Outside Mount Cellular Pleated Shades
The measurement procedure for an outside mount cellular pleated blind is almost the same as for an inside mount. However, the following are some important points to be noted.
- Use the largest measurement values for both the width and height of your RV’s window frame.
- Add 3 to 4” to both width and height for maximum light coverage, light control, insulation, and curb appeal.
- You don’t need to measure RV window’s depth or recess for outside mount cordless remote control pleated cellular shades.
- No deductions/additions will be made for outside mount cellular pleated motorhome window blinds.
- Make sure you have enough flat surface on the window molding or wall above your window for the mounting hardware of the product.
- If you have a protruding window sill in your recreational vehicle (mobile home), do not add to length to the bottom.
For Further Assistance
- Use 24/7 Live Chat option, available at Rvblinds.com, to seek free guidance about measuring cellular pleated shades for house trailer (RV) from experts.
- You can also email us at email@example.com.